THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE ONLY FOR FULL_TIME STUDENTS
1. Introduction. Importance, history and function of the garment
2. Basic knowledge of production technology. (Spinning, weaving, knitting processing into garment production)
3. Flow chart of production processes in the clothing industry. (From Fabric to Clothing)
4. Spreading and cutting process in garment production.
5. Design of clothing and comfort of clothing.
Sewing processes. Basic principles and analysis of stitching. Sewing machine parts, types of sewing machines. Unconventional bonding: gluing, welding, riveting and ultrasonic welding.
7. Application of advanced production systems in clothing manufacturing technology.
8. Shaping process; Ironing and shaping of clothing materials. Types of irons, presses and ironing mannequins.
1. Clothing materials. Features of clothing materials. Types of garment materials. Special materials. Sewing threads, their types, properties and parameters.
2. Cutting and marker making efficiency.
3. Consumption of material and calculation of costs for the creation of clothing.
4. Evaluation of fabric parameters.
5. Theoretical calculation of fabric costings.
6. Economical calculation of clothing production.
7. Sewing threads, yarn consumption calculations and seam strength.
8. Economic aspects of clothing. The amount of material, time requirement and cost of producing clothing.
9. Stitches, ISO standards, basic principles of stitching. ISO standards, apparel in apparel.
10. Unconventional ways of joining.
11. Use of thermo camera and high-speed camera for evaluation of sewing processes.
12. Using Microsoft Excel in the clothing industry. (practical examples)
13. Writing reports on garment production. (practical examples)
14. Discussion on professional topics for oral presentation of semester paper.